What to Expect After Installation
After installation, you will be contacted to go through a final building inspection. Once inspection is complete, we will need to receive permission to operate (PTO) from your utility. Track your order in your Tesla Account at any time to see your status and next steps.
Inspection Day Checklist
- Ensure no other contractors or workers are on site during your solar inspection.
- Provide safe access to your electrical panel.
- Contact Tesla if work has been done to your home since you installed your system.
- Ensure someone 18 years or older is home for the inspection.
- Please keep any pets away from the inspection area.
Your balance is due after installation is complete and inspection has passed.
Your first loan payment is typically due 60-90 days after the loan start date. Refer to your loan documentation for your specific payment terms.
Utility Standards and Approval
Tesla will work with your local utility company to get permission to operate (PTO) your system. Depending on your location, this may take from one to six weeks. Tesla will notify you as soon as PTO has been granted.