Solar Panel Installation
The Tesla solar panel installation process begins with scheduling and preparing for your installation prior to your actual installation day.
Scheduling Your Installation
- Once your system design is finalized and we have the necessary approvals to move forward with your project, we will schedule your installation on the first available date.
- If interfering weather conditions on your installation date require us to reschedule, we will contact you to find another suitable time.
- If you need to reschedule your installation for any reason, you may do so via your Tesla Account.
Before We Arrive
- Ensure you review your design and address any questions you may have with one of our Advisors prior to your installation date. Any changes to your design may alter your installation timeline and your system price.
- If you are part of a Homeowner’s Association (HOA), make sure you have approval before we arrive to install. You are responsible for any fees your HOA may charge should you allow us to install without HOA approval.
- Inform us if any work has been done to your home since you ordered your system.
- Clear your driveway and the area around your electrical equipment prior to your installation date. This may include removing or trimming back trees or bushes to provide our crew safe access when on site.
- Ensure no other contractors or workers will be on site during your solar installation. We cannot perform the installation if other workers are on site.
- Someone 18 years or older must be home during the first day of installation. Most installations are completed within one day, but larger or more complex systems can take two or more days.
- For safety reasons, we will need to shut off your power for several hours during your installation. As this will likely impact your internet connection, please make any necessary arrangements for remote working and distance learning prior to your installation date.
- A Tesla crew will arrive on your property and the Crew Lead will greet you before the installation team places safety cones and caution tape around your home.
- Ladders will be placed in key areas so the crew can quickly access your roof and begin the installation process.
- Keep children and pets away from the installation area for their safety.
- Have your Wi-Fi network name and password available.